The Most Important Lesson I Learned Growing Up

 

Growing up in a rural area, you learn to appreciate things that others might take for granted.


Reliable healthcare.

Stable income.

Educational opportunities.


The ability to plan for the future.


I watched families work incredibly hard just to get by.


I saw parents sacrifice everything for their children.


I saw resilience long before I understood the word.


Those experiences shaped the way I lead today.


They remind me that behind every employee is a person with dreams, responsibilities, and people depending on them.


It also reminds me never to forget where I came from.


Because the farther we go in life, the more important it becomes to remember the people and experiences that helped shape us.


— Nikita Mercado

Founder, Konektao


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did not understand the true weight of healthcare until I started building a company with Filipino talent

When It Stops Feeling Exciting

Founder in the Chaotic Middle, as a Mother