Burnout Doesn't Mean Someone Isn't Strong
Some of the strongest people I know have experienced burnout.
The most dedicated.
The most responsible.
The ones who care deeply about their work.
Burnout isn't a sign that someone is weak.
In many cases, it's a sign that they've been carrying too much for too long.
As leaders, we often celebrate hard work.
Long hours.
Going above and beyond.
Pushing through challenges.
And while commitment is important, I've learned that constantly running on empty comes at a cost.
I've seen people give everything they have to their work while quietly neglecting themselves.
I've seen high performers hesitate to ask for help because they don't want to let anyone down.
I've seen people convince themselves that exhaustion is simply part of success.
It isn't.
The truth is, sustainable success requires boundaries.
It requires rest.
It requires taking care of yourself so you can continue showing up for the people who depend on you.
As a founder, a mother, and a leader, I've learned that resilience isn't about never needing a break.
It's about recognizing when you do.
The healthiest workplaces aren't the ones where people work the hardest.
They're the ones where people can do great work without sacrificing their wellbeing.
Because success should never come at the expense of your health.
And asking for support should never be viewed as weakness.
At the end of the day, taking care of yourself isn't selfish.
It's necessary.
What helps you recharge when life and work become overwhelming?
— Nikita Mercado
Founder, Konektao

Comments
Post a Comment