Why We Named the Company Konektao



When people first hear the name Konektao, they often ask:


"What does it mean?"


Or sometimes:


"How do you even pronounce it?"


And honestly, I understand.


It's not a typical startup name.


It wasn't created by a branding agency.


It wasn't chosen because it sounded trendy.


The name comes from two Filipino words and ideas that are important to me:


Konek — to connect.


Tao — people.


Because that's what we've always been trying to do.


Connect people.


Connect talent to opportunity.


Connect Filipino professionals to companies around the world.


Connect businesses with exceptional people who can help them grow.


When I started the company, I didn't want a name that felt corporate.


I wanted a name that reflected what mattered most.


People.


Because behind every hire is a human being.


A family.


A dream.


A future that can be changed by a single opportunity.


As technology continues to evolve and AI changes the way we work, that belief hasn't changed.


The future of work may be powered by technology.


But it's still built by people.


That's why we chose Konektao.


And that's why the name still feels right today.


— Nikita Mercado

Founder, Konektao


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did not understand the true weight of healthcare until I started building a company with Filipino talent

When It Stops Feeling Exciting

Founder in the Chaotic Middle, as a Mother